BIO-ACTIF sea salt
4 kg druskos skirta paruošti 100-120 L jūrinio vandens
The unique sea salt with bio-active marine agents.
Tropic Marin® BIO-ACTIF Sea Salt contains naturally occurring marine biopolymers, which support the microbiological conditions in an aquarium and thus protect and enhance the growth of aquarium fauna.
To this end, corals will exhibit their bright and vibrant colors in a natural way, while skeletal growth and/or the growth of stronger tissues are promoted. The reserves built up in this manner ensure that corals are more robust and less sensitive than otherwise. Fish also benefit from the bio-active substances by the formation of effective protection against damage to mucous membranes. Fish will exhibit their heightened sense of well-being by increased mating and reproduction activity.
Tropic Marin® BIO-ACTIF Sea Salt can be used by first-time and seasoned aquarium owners alike and ensures stable conditions for aquarium life.
- Contains natural bio-active marine substances with a protective and growth-promoting effect.
- Develops a sound microbiological balance which stabilizes the water quality and supports the nutrient intake of invertebrates.
- For reef tanks with carbon dosing and to create an ultra-low nutrient system.
- To maintain the alkalinity in a 8-9 °dH range.
- Made with pharmaceutically pure salts, which has the most stringent quality control measures for the production of pharmaceuticals.
- All main and trace elements as well as bio-active substances native to tropical sea-water contained in a natural formula.
- High solubility in water.
- Free of nitrates, phosphates and other unnatural enrichment additives.
- The ideal foundation for the care of even the most delicate fish and corals.
- Highly compatible with all components of the Tropic Marin® BIO-ACTIF SYSTEM / BIO-ACTIF PROFESSIONAL Line.
HOW TO USE:
To achieve a salinity level of 32-35 ‰ (psu), dissolve 35 ml (approx. 38-40 g) of Tropic Marin® BIO-ACTIF per liter. Dissolve almost all of the salt in a clean container already filled with the full volume of RO/DI water at a temperature of 23-25 °C while circulating/stirring the water. Do not concentrate the mixture by adding the full amount of salt to a smaller amount of water.
Note: Always add the salt to the water, never the water to the salt. Making a concentrated mixture will cause a calcium carbonate precipitate to form.
When you have added ALMOST all of the salt and the mixture is fully dissolved, start measuring the specific gravity with a hydrometer or similar instrument.
Note: Slight cloudiness is normal at this stage and indicates that the bio-active substances are taking effect.
Keep adding small amounts of salt until the specific gravity is the value you desire. The specific gravity of the sea salt solution should range from 1.025 to 1.027 (at 23-25 °C) and the pH -value should be in the range of 8,0-8,4. If all parameters are correct, the salt water is ready to use.
After setting up a new aquarium it takes a few weeks of water being circulated and correct lighting conditions to achieve the biologically stable environment required for the care and breeding of delicate marine organisms.
A weekly, partial water change, replacing approx. 10 % of the total water volume with Tropic Marin® BIO-ACTIF, will help to maintain the water quality that your livestock needs for good health.
Note: The review of the conductivity of freshly prepared BIO-ACTIF seawater will show about 10 % too low results. We recommend measuring the specific gravity with the Tropic Marin® HYDROMETER.
Parameters: approx. 8° KH, calcium approx. 440 ppm, magnesium approx. 1350 ppm
Application: For reef tanks with carbon dosing, to create an ultra-low nutrient system and to maintain the alkalinity in a 8-9 °dH range.