Active filter carbon with a high performance level – especially after treatment with medications
EHEIM AKTIV is acid washed and activated for automatic water absorption (active surface area 1200 m2/g). Thus, it very quickly binds harmful chemical substances like pesticides, medical treatment residues and other substances and retains them. The water in the aquarium will turn crystal clear. Its use is particularly important after treating the livestock with medications.
EHEIM AKTIV should only be used for a limited amount of time (ca. 4 weeks) and then removed or replaced.
In the filter’s layering set-up EHEIM AKTIV should be used directly after the mechanical (e.g. EHEIM MECH or MECHpro) and the biological filter media (e.g. EHEIM SUBSTRATpro) in the net bag provided.
- Use only for a limited period of time (ca. 4 weeks)
- Active surface area about 1200 m2/g
- Active carbon for self-activating adsorption
- Quickly binds chlorine, pesticides and other chemical substances
- Use e.g. after new tank installation or treatment with medications
- Suitable for fresh and marine water
Tip: Only use adsorptive filter media for a few weeks, as the harmful substances are only attached and can loosen after some time and be reintroduced into the water. At the very least they should be changed regularly. Normally adsorptive filtration is only necessary during aquarium set-up or after treatments with medications.
|Aktyvaus paviršiaus plotas: