NANO DEPONIT MIX
1 kg, for 10-20 L aquaria
Special nutrient medium for mini-aquaria. Ready-to-use mixture
The nutrient medium from the aquarium plants nursery
The small volume of water in mini-aquaria gives rise to a sensitive nutrient situation. A particularly steady supply of nutrients is important here. It is crucial to avoid any deficiencies or surpluses of nutrients, so as to ensure that the mini ecosystem maintains a biological balance.
Nano DeponitMix has been developed specifically for mini-aquaria:
- Fine, high-quality quartz sand creates an ideal bed climate
- Selected clay materials regulate the nutrient balance: They release nutrients
when required and absorb them when there is an oversupply
- Humin-rich natural peats provide for a slightly acidic bed environment and pre-digest nutrients for subsequent uptake by plants
- Valuable mineral soil ensures a long-term supply of vital trace elements
- Concentrated nutrient iron in depot form provides for rich green leaves
- Highly porous special granules transform the bed into an active bio-filter and provide for improved water quality
All nutrients and trace elements are available in depot form for an immediate and long-term effect. Nano DeponitMix ensures that plants get off to a good start and develop strong roots – even in the case of the most delicate varieties.
Nano DeponitMix does not contain any additional phosphates or nitrates and thus does not promote algae growth!
Instructions for use:
- Pour Nano DeponitMix into the aquarium to form a layer of around 2 cm in height.
- Cover this layer with approx. 3 cm of hardener-free, thoroughly washed aquarium gravel of grain size 0.7-1.2 mm, e.g. Dennerle Shrimps Gravel Bed. The gravel should not be coarser than 1-2 mm.
- The surface can be decorated with coarse gravel, stones or roots.
- First fill the aquarium 3/4 full with tap water at a temperature of 20-25 °C. Place a flat plate under the jet of water to avoid whirling up the bed. Treat tap water with Dennerle NanoWater Conditioner to ensure that it is safe for all life in the aquarium.
- Plants should initially cover around 80% of the bed surface area, with fast-growing stem plants accounting for around half of the stock – then algae will have no chance from the outset!
- Pour in remaining water and start up the aquarium equipment.
Dennerle professional tips on correct care of nano aquaria
- For regular fertilization of the plants we recommend Dennerle Nano Daily Fertilizer.
- Remember CO2 fertilization for perfect plant growth. The Dennerle CO2 Crystal-Line features high-quality glass components combining aesthetics with functionality.
- In order to remove harmful waste substances and inhibitors, Dennerle recommends replacing 25-50% of the water in mini aquaria on a weekly basis. For safety’s sake, always treat tap water with Dennerle NanoWater Conditioner, as invertebrates are highly sensitive to harmful substances contained in tap water, such as copper and chlorine.
- Vital vitamins and trace elements for shrimps, crabs and other invertebrates should be supplemented with Dennerle Nano Crusta-Fit on a weekly basis. For good health and rich colours.